3.25.2010

to do or die

Sometimes I think: if I were to die, what I would want others to know? Yes, its a sad thought, but it's a reality. Without discussing death at all, or anything of the sorts relating to death, I want to get right to the point and share things that are similar to the former thoughts; things that I wish to impart upon. Instead of waiting, writing down, or willing anything upon my departure, it seems most fitting to share them here. These things I speak of are things that moving me, are beautiful to me, brought great pleasure to me, brought great character to me, put me in a state that I cannot explain but only ask, that you dear reader, try them yourself.

Here are five:
1) Read as much JD Salinger as you can.* His writings leave me amazed and feeling eloquent. The feelings I get could be described as inspired or transcending. It's as if I see something very beautiful that words cannot describe. I cannot describe it. It's a similar feeling I get when I watch children play or do anything for that matter.
2) Watch small children do anything. Just observe them.**
3) Ride, or ride on a motorcycle.
4) Go backpacking for at least 5 nights
5) Write thank you notes to everyone for everything.

*Please pick something beyond Catcher and the Rye, its got to much hype attached to it.
**see #1.

No comments: