6.01.2007

Safety Dance for your Friday

its music day here at rocketpack. heres some songs via youtube for all your fri-ness.

safety dance by men without hats


and here is some of my love from JT (im a closet fan)


so do it again by the chemical brothers


see a penny (pick it up) by yacht


heres a new find for me: bryce dessner, the guitarist for the national, with padma newsome. great polyrythmic action here


and low. i always come back to low in the summer. something about the heat and low. i dunno. but heres one that always gives me chills: dinosaur act.


and a new one from low again. murderer. great lyrics.

One more thing before I go
One more thing I'll ask you, lord
You may need a murderer
Someone to do your dirty work
Don't act so innocent
I've seen you pound your fists into the earth
And I've read your books
Seems that you could use another fool
Well, I'm cruel
And I look right through
You must have more important things to do
So if you need a murderer
Someone to do your dirty work

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Low.

What can I say, except they absolutely blow me away every time I listen to one of their albums. By far one of my favorite bands.

I was lucky enough to see them with Pedro The Lion two years ago, and it was an awesome show. They killed it.

I'm hoping to see them again in two weeks, they're opening up for Wilco(!!!) down in Cinci, but its on a weeknight - so we'll see if I can afford to make the drive down and get back in time for work the next morning.