5.17.2007

i almost made it to kansas

bigger man: hows it going today sir?
me: pretty good.
bigger man: i got you locked in at 80 back there.
me: oh yeah?
bigger man: is there a reason for that?
me: well, theres not to many people out here today and its a nice day out, i was just clippin along, enjoying the weather and it must of got away from me.
bigger man: well sir, it doesn't matter what the conditions are, or if there is anyone else around. you still have to obey the traffic laws.
me, inside my brain: *rolls eyes*
bigger man: where you going?
me: pawnee city.
bigger man: are you in a hurry?
me: not really.
...

and so it went. i was just being honest with the guy.
and yesterday honesty cost me $169

well thats how i view it in my pride tinted glasses. i know i know. i deserved it. but how about this:
what is the point of giving me a fine, steep enough to support a crack habit, THEN thank me for wearing my "safety belt." like "oh sure *smile*, no problem mr bigger-man, i was wearing it just for you. just in case i ran into you so you would appreciate it and thank me. but the fine, oh no thats no problem at all. not a big deal. dont worry about. in fact, pull me over Every time i swing through. cause then you can see that im wearing my safety belt. and maybe give another compliment. ta ta. " why is it that i get recognition for my good deed, because i was stopped for a bad deed?

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. - james 1:2-4

ok oh dear steadfastness and thou effect on me. you do well and good. but will you give me $169?? because im lacking that now.

3 comments:

Christina said...

pawnee city? there isn't much there.

oh and were you in a work vehical or you own? I will share my one on the road rule with you...never speed on work time, EVEN if your late. (funny, someone I know called well I was writing this. He was on the road, and I hope he wasn't speeding).

Lauren said...

pawnee city?! there's a lot of great stuff there - a vineyard, a casey's, a tractor museum, a pioneer village AND my grandma and my aunt's farm.

sweet place, sorry you got a ticket on your way there :(

Anonymous said...

j.r.

i've been listening to the marathon medley non-stop for many days now. car. work. repeat. like change floating on a non-stop wash rinse spin cycle. bubbles. many. we float.

a